Re: planner/optimizer question

From: "Gary Doades" <gpd(at)gpdnet(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: planner/optimizer question
Date: 2004-04-28 07:08:03
Lists: pgsql-performance
I can understand the performance loss on non-selects for keeping the
index validity state tracking the row validity, but would that outweigh the
performance gains on selects? Depends on your mix of selects to non
selects I guess, but other database systems seem to imply that keeping
the index on track is worth it overall.

Cheers,
Gary.