Re: Creation of XPM files for wxWidgets

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Creation of XPM files for wxWidgets
Date: 2004-04-25 17:09:26
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>I'm trying to play a little with the standard icon set included in pgAdmin.
>I've found out that wxWidgets expects a certain variation of the XPM image
>format that is output by ImageMagick (e.g., the "_xpm" ending in the
>variable).  Does anyone have a conversion script or other way to create this
>format automatically from some other format like PNG?  I don't want to edit
>dozens of icons by hand.  Thanks.

I don't have a handy tool either, I'm using gimp for conversion
(presenting the same problem as IM to you).
IMHO the current icons are not really first choice, and I'd like to
reduce the main toolbar size from 32x32 icons to 16x16 either to save
space (some more opinions about this, guys?). But we needed something
colourful quickly, to fill the buttons. If you're goint to present a
reworked set of better images, I'd like to use them.

Regards,
Andreas