Re: Help:updateRow() with CIDR types

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Moray Taylor <mugen(at)the400(dot)homeunix(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help:updateRow() with CIDR types
Date: 2004-04-24 23:43:08
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Moray Taylor wrote:
> Does this mean the absolute() method will not work on any ResultSet
> that I get from a query?
>
> absolute() row access is totally critical to my application, will I
> need to stick with 7.5 build 301?

If you want to use absolute() (or relative(), first(), last(), prev()),
you must specify TYPE_SCROLLABLE_xxx when creating the statement, per
the spec. The default is TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY, which as the name implies
creates resultsets that can only be iterated through forwards using
next(). See the ResultSet javadoc for details:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/sql/ResultSet.html

-O