Re: pgadmin3: 1.0.2-4 + 1.0.2-3.backports.org.1

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>,pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin3: 1.0.2-4 + 1.0.2-3.backports.org.1
Date: 2004-04-24 22:53:31
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Raphaël Enrici wrote:

> Andreas, I've provided a backport for Debian woody but it seems that
> under specific conditions it just crashes... I saw you made some
> modifications in 1.1 branch with the following comment attached:
> "changed font handling to accept exotic weights" do you think that the
> issue we see here in 1.0.2 could be solved by the modifications you
> made in 1.1 ?

Hm, I doubt that.
The fix mentioned is about user settable font, which is quite new to
1.1. The changed modified the way how that setting is preserved, because
it was possible to select fonts that couldn't be interpreted by wx when
trying to restore them. Now, an internal format is saved to .pgadmin3 or
registry, instead of former cleartext.

Oh wait, this also affects SQL query window fonts, so yes it's worth
trying to check 1.1.

Regards,
Andreas