Killing the backends

From: Helvio Hild <compulogia(at)coopcolorado(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Killing the backends
Date: 2004-04-24 16:57:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs
SELECT int8in(8);
     OVER psql do:
llamados=> SELECT int8in(8);
                before or while processing the request.
                The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset:

        In  psql superuser an other terminal:
        NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
                The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
                        died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared
                                I have rolled back the current
transaction and am
                                        going to terminate your database
system connection and exit.
                                                Please reconnect to the
database system and repeat your query.

        In other Terminal
:~$ pidof postmaster
        15489 15488 15474 338 337 335
 :~$ pidof postmaster
 338 337 335

Linux->Debian->Kernel 2.2.18
Postgresql->7.2.1-2woody2 -> PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu,
compiled by GCC 2.95.4

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: PostgreSQL Bugs ListDate: 2004-04-25 09:40:36