Re: JDBC rowsets

From: Glenn Holmer <gholmer(at)weycogroup(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC rowsets
Date: 2004-04-23 14:03:35
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Glenn Holmer wrote:
>
>>What is the state of (or schedule for) JDBC rowset support in
>>Postgres?  Does that require a full-blown JDBC 4.0 driver?
>>

> I was under the impression that rowsets were a database and driver
> independent layer that could be built with any JDBC driver.  So the driver
> developers wouldn't provide a rowset implementation, but someone like sun
> would that coudl be used with any database.

That's what I thought, too.  A couple of people have tried using
Postgres with Project Rave:

http://wwws.sun.com/software/products/jscreator/

but are having problems (Postgres isn't officially supported yet,
it's an early access release).

Glenn Holmer                          gholmer(at)weycogroup(dot)com
Programmer/Analyst                       phone: 414-908-1809
Weyco Group, Inc.                          fax: 414-908-1601