Re: win32 binaries

From: Thomas Swan <tswan(at)idigx(dot)com>
To: Merlin Moncure <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: win32 binaries
Date: 2004-04-23 13:27:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Merlin Moncure wrote:

>Dear hackers,
>
>My personal feeling is that the win32 port has turned a corner; in most
>respects it is usable and stable. Do you think there is any merit to
>the idea of putting a binary release of the cvs compile on the win32
>status page (just a zip of local/pgsql, with instructions to add
>appropriate folders to the path, run intdb/postmaster).

While this isn't addressed to me, I think you would want to put it on
the developer page; I don't know about the general site.

I was going to try and work on this very issue during the weekend. I
have some friends that want to use Postgresql, but do not have a Unix
box available, especially at their workplace. I've been writing some
batch files and some install instructions to handle the basics. Would
you have any objections to using something like the nullsoft installer.

Thomas