Case insensitive search

From: Dragan Matic <mlists(at)panforma(dot)co(dot)yu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Case insensitive search
Date: 2004-04-23 09:35:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there a way to set up collation order to be case-insensitive?
I.E. I need to have a column c with value 'ABC' and when I do a "select
* from table where c = 'abc'" it finds the row with value 'ABC'. Yes, I
know that I can do it with "lower()" and "upper()" functions, but is
there a way to construct a database to be case-insensitive? Tnx in advance.

Dragan