Data replication

From: GP <pagomen(at)csd(dot)uoc(dot)gr>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Data replication
Date: 2004-04-20 08:08:12
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi all,

I am quite new in Postgresql and I am wondering if it supports data
replication.
If I understand correctly postgresql has only the "pg_dumpall" function
that makes a copy/backup of the database, and it does not support a
functionality for automatic data replcation in a backup database ???

If this is the case, the solution of writing a script that calls the
"pg_dumpall" every 5 minutes and export that file to another backup
database will work or the system will crash ?

Thanks in advance
George

pgsql-admin by date