Re: real -> numeric -> real result different through jdbc

From: Michael Nacos <m(dot)nacos(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: real -> numeric -> real result different through jdbc
Date: 2009-12-11 17:22:19
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
> surely, it's not just a case of float4 display, type casting seems to be
affected, too.

I have run some more tests and I'd like to take this back. The reason our
equality tests fail when
extra_float_digits = 2 is this: we are constructing dynamic SQL statements
inside a PL/pgSQL
function. The SQL produced is, of course, affected by the textual
representation of REALs in effect,
hence the problems we have encountered. Thanks, this is making much more
sense now.

Michael