Fwd: Questions about connection clean-up and "invalid page header"

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: "<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fwd: Questions about connection clean-up and "invalid page header"
Date: 2010-01-25 13:56:53
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Given this thread on pgsql-general I wonder if we should have
something like 1 in every 1,000 CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS check if the
client socket is still open.

This has come up in the past and the concern was that syscalls would
be way too slow to put in critical loops but perhaps if it's only done
once every n checks it would be possible to find a good tradeoff?