Re: Request for SVPUG mailing list

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dan Bikle <dan(dot)bikle(at)gmail(dot)com>
Date: 2009-07-21 23:02:31
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Tom Lane<tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> Please create the svpug(at)postgresql(dot)org mailing list.
>
> Huh, sv ... is that Swedish?
>
> I thought the plan was that PUGs should be named after airport codes.

I don't think that's the plan, airports are often convenient and well
known but not always. We have ukpug for example (well we would if we
got around do doing anything to promote it:) The names are pretty much
whatever makes sense for the area in question. Some areas have pugs
for whole countries, other areas have them per state or per city.

--
greg
http://mit.edu/~gsstark/resume.pdf