Re: 8.5 development schedule

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.5 development schedule
Date: 2009-06-30 12:12:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Robert Haas<robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> If Hot Standby were ready to be applied, I would be all in favor of
> that, but in fact I don't believe that's the case.  There's been no
> movement on Hot Standby since February

Well Simon was happy with it as submitted so unless people are reading
the patch and giving feedback or using it and running into problems I
wouldn't really expect him to make changes.

That's part of the problem with leaving patches outside the source
tree while they're being developed. It's part of what led us to
suddenly have a massive reviewing job and making big changes in the
final commitfest.

If we apply things earlier in the cycle we can be a lot less
conservative. We don't have to be 100% sure everything was dealt with
in a single commit.

--
greg
http://mit.edu/~gsstark/resume.pdf