Re: Plan for CSV handling of quotes, NULL

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Plan for CSV handling of quotes, NULL
Date: 2004-04-16 14:39:41
Lists: pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Here is a new version of the patch.  The call to TypeCategory() is gone,
>and in its place is a way to force quotes on output, using FORCE.  And,
>instead of warning about a nullstring going into a NOT NULL column,
>there is a new LITERAL capability that does not compare the column with
>the null string and loads the value in literally.
>
>The patch still needs more testing, but I have reviewed the patch and it
>looks good to me.

Bruce,

Thankyou for taking my work and adding all these user-friendly aspects
to it. Although it's a rather prosaic feature, it will make a lot of
people happy and make our path to World Domination easier ;-)

I haven't had any startling revelations on the subject of appropriate
keywords.

I will provide some tests for the regression suite some time in the next
few weeks.

cheers

andrew