SSL client configuration ...

From: GP <pagomen(at)csd(dot)uoc(dot)gr>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SSL client configuration ...
Date: 2004-04-15 15:34:49
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi all,

In order to setup a SSL connection to the DataBase I did the following:

- compiled --with-openssl
- ssl=true in postgresql.conf
- hostssl  all  dbuser  md5 in
- generated server.crt and server.key as recommended in Administrator's

Then when I tried to connect (via jdbc driver) I get the following error
from the postmaster:
FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "::ffff:", user
"dbuser", database "template1", SSL off

It seems that the client appliaction tries to connect without SSL ???

PS: Also at start up I have some warnings from postmaster :
LOG:  could not load root certificate file
"/home/pagomen/PostGress/data/root.crt": No such file or directory
DETAIL:  Will not verify client certificates.
LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: Address already in use
LOG:  database system is ready

Any ideas ?

pgsql-admin by date