Re: pl/perl features

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Nicolas Addington <ntype(at)u(dot)washington(dot)edu>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pl/perl features
Date: 2004-04-10 17:33:09
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Robert Treat wrote:

>The folks at CommandPrompt have made some noise about developing these
>features, and I believe they actually have implemented trigger functionality
>in plperl. I am not sure if they are going to contribute thier changes back
>to the community or not, but if you were planning on implementing these
>features it might be worth talking with them.

Yes we have implemented triggers but not SPI yet. We have been working
quite a bit on plPHP lately.
Which by the way is almost done and supports
SPI/Triggers/SETOf/Composite types :). As far as
contributing back... please feel free to take the code it is on our
website (http://www.commandprompt.com)
under community.

Our next project was to start on plPerl. We have already solicited
feedback from Andrew Dunstan and
he has offers us some ideas, as well as offered some ideas on features
(and even a patch I think) back to
hackers.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake