Re: Help with Select Statement

From: Nabil Sayegh <postgresql(at)e-trolley(dot)de>
To: Kevin Lohka <klohka(at)aboutfacedata(dot)ab(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Help with Select Statement
Date: 2004-04-08 06:40:14
Lists: pgsql-novice
Kevin Lohka wrote:
> Thanks for you response Nabil, I'm not sure if it solves my problem as
> there may be multiple records in the "bar" table, but I'll work through it.

There are several ways to return only 1 result out of many:
GROUP BY ( for aggregate functions like max, min, avg )
DISTINCT ( quick & dirty ;)
LIMIT    ( probably together with ORDER BY cut the result )

And remember: whenever you run into a hopeless situation: you can still use
subqueries in postgresql :)

  e-Trolley Sayegh & John, Nabil Sayegh
  Tel.: 0700 etrolley /// 0700 38765539
  Fax.: +49 69 8299381-8