PGSQL ODBC Install problems under windows

From: Rob Caulfield <rob(dot)caulfield(at)framestore-cfc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PGSQL ODBC Install problems under windows
Date: 2004-04-06 17:27:38
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi hope someone can help as after a weeks searching I have found only a
couple of references to the problem I'm about to describe, both of which
had no solution posted........

In a nutshell, PGSQL ODBC will not show itself as a registered and
available ODBC driver under Windows (XP in this case). The install seems
to go perfectly, all the correct registry entries are there but the
driver is a no show in the Windows ODBC configuration control panel.

This has happened on a couple of PC's running XP both are 3ghz P4s 1gb
ram and have all the latest patches installed along with MS Visual
Studio .NET Pro 2003 and MDAC 2.8.

There is another PC also XP running MS VS .NET 2003, MDAC 2.8 but has
not been completely patched up which the driver installs on and is
available.

To further compund the confusion there is another PC (XP) all patched up
and MDAC 2.8 but with no VS .NET installed and again the driver installs
and is available.

Is there some wierdness between a fully patched XP machine with VS.NET
2003 and the PGSQL ODBC driver? This seems extremely unlikey, although
for the life of me I can't find the problem.

If anyone has encountered this problem I would more than welcome any
suggestions (blowing the machines away and trying a re-install is not
really an option).

Many thanks,

Rob Caulfield.

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Philippe LangDate: 2004-04-06 17:51:43