Re: blob without largeobject api

From: Edoardo Ceccarelli <eddy(at)axa(dot)it>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: blob without largeobject api
Date: 2004-04-06 11:55:06
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Tried with a driver downloaded from http://jdbc.postgresql.org/

pg74.213.jdbc3.jar

the result is always the same:
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.caucho.sql.UserConnection
on row:
LargeObjectManager lom =
((org.postgresql.PGConnection)db).getLargeObjectAPI();

I think that the second suggestion is about using a "standard" way to
save a blob field, I have tried something like this:
- insert record without blob
- open record for update and use setBytes() to save blob data
having some minor problems so far but I'd like to know if this is the
right way to do it.

thanks again
Edoardo