Bug in translation of DEALLOCATE PREPARE

From: Adriaan Joubert <a(dot)joubert(at)k2defender(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug in translation of DEALLOCATE PREPARE
Date: 2004-04-03 05:35:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
[Apologies if you see multiple of these - this is my 4th attempt to post
in 3 days.]

Hi,

    I believe in recent interface changes changes in ecpg the
translation of 'DEALLOCATE PREPARE' were missed out. This worker fine
under 7.3.5.

Currently

EXEC SQL DEALLOCATE PREPARE foobar;

is translated to

{ ECPGdeallocate(__LINE__, ""foobar"");}

The double quotes are obviously wrong, but when I remove them the
compiler says that it now expects 3 arguments to ECPGdeallocate instead
of 2. I assume this is a trivial fix to ecpg, but I don't have the time
right now to try to understand what ecpg does internally. I'd really
appreciate it if somebody could tell me how/where ecpg needs to be fixed.

Cheers,

Adriaan

pgsql-interfaces by date