Re: initdb error

From: "Eric J(dot) Schwarzenbach" <Eric(dot)Schwarzenbach(at)wrycan(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Greg B(dot) Hill" <gregoryhill597(at)netscape(dot)net>
Subject: Re: initdb error
Date: 2004-04-01 17:18:14
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

We are getting this same exact error-- always this

semctl(35, 16, SETVAL, 536) failed: Invalid argument

on the creating template1 step of initdb.

On my Windows XP machine I had 7.4.1 working fine last month (service
configuration).

If I install 7.4.2 I get this error. If I reinstall 7.4.1 (rerun make
install) initdb works. If I reinstall 7.4.2 it fails again with that
semctl error. I tried rebuilding 7.41 from scratch and installing,
thinking maybe it was a configuration difference when I built it last
month, but no, 7.4.1 initdb still works.

My coworker, on the other hand (not running it as a service), gets this
same semctl error even with 7.4.1.

This is preventing us from switching from mySQL to Postgres. Can anyone
please offer a clue how to get around this?

Eric Schwarzenbach