pgAdmin - read only installation directory

From: Bernhard Daubner <Bernhard(dot)Daubner(at)uni-bayreuth(dot)de>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAdmin - read only installation directory
Date: 2004-03-31 08:29:29
Lists: pgadmin-support

I would like to use pgAdmin for a database course at our university. The
student's workstations are running Windows XP and the students have no
write access to the local disk.

But pgAdmin III seems to store some information at run time within the
installation directory. For example it creates a log file there. So
pgAdmin III crashes, if it can not write to the installation directory.

Is there are work around for this issue?

I tried pgAdmin III (V 1.0.2, binary release) on Windows XP
Professional, German Edition.

Best regards,

Bernhard

--