database replication Master - slave model

From: Noel Faux <noel(dot)faux(at)med(dot)monash(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: database replication Master - slave model
Date: 2004-03-30 06:45:23
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi all,

I'm wanting to replicate my postgres database at two sites,
asynchronously, one a Master and the other a slave, or if possible
master master model.
 From the reading on the web, there seems to be two open source projects
pgreplicator and postgres-R. I've found I hard to find out if they work
with postgres 7.3.1.
I did find a hit that replication is now in postgres 7.3.1, which is the
version we are running.
http://www.infocopter.com/know-how/postgres-replication.htm
Can someone inform me if this is correct and where I can find some docs
on it or point me in a direction to a solution.

Many thanks
Noel

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Colin GillespieDate: 2004-03-30 09:08:53