Problem with unixODBC

From: Katherine Goodwin <kat(at)clocksoft(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with unixODBC
Date: 2004-03-29 12:11:48
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Dear all,

I'm trying to get the ODBC driver working with Postgres so I can use the
OpenOffice data sources facilities.

I've managed to get ODBC working so that I can connect to a database but
I am unable to see any tables.

The following happens...

[etc(at)pike]$ isql test
| Connected!                            |
| sql-statement                         |
| help [tablename]                      |
| quit                                  |
SQL> help
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLTables

However, if I connect using psql using the same credentials, I can see
the tables fine.

I'm assuming this is an access control / permissions type issue, but am
not sure how to fix it.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

My config files are as follows:

[ODBC Data Sources]
test = PostgreSQL

Description     =  postgres
Driver          = /usr/lib/
Database        =  jobs
Trace               = No
TraceFile           = /tmp/odbc.log
Servername          = localhost
UserName            = kat
Password            = xxxx
Port                = 5432

# Example driver definitinions
[ODBC Drivers]
PostgreSQL = Installed

# Included in the unixODBC package
Description     = ODBC for PostgreSQL
Driver          = /usr/lib/
Setup           = /usr/lib/
FileUsage       = 1

# From the MyODBC package
#Description    = ODBC for MySQL
#Driver         = /usr/lib/
#FileUsage      = 1

Many thanks in advance,

Katherine Goodwin
Clockwork Software Systems

intY has scanned this email for all known viruses (

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Stergios ZissakisDate: 2004-03-29 12:44:38