Re: Horology Test Case Fails with Sun Compiler

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Match(dot)Grun(at)thomson(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Horology Test Case Fails with Sun Compiler
Date: 2006-06-09 00:10:44
Lists: pgsql-ports

<Match(dot)Grun(at)thomson(dot)com> writes:
> After building Postgres 8.0.3, Solaris 8, Sun compiler v 5.7,
> I get the following diff with the horology test case:

Seems like either interval_reltime() or reltime2tm() (both in
src/backend/utils/adt/nabstime.c) must be screwing up. I've never seen
a similar report so I think you've got a broken compiler, but feel free
to look for a workaround ...

reltime is a deprecated type anyway so you could just ignore it, but the
$64 question here is whether it is a compiler bug and if so whether it
also hit any places that're more important. The code in those two
functions is not all that different from code elsewhere in the datetime
support.

BTW, are you using --enable-integer-datetimes? That changes this code
quite a bit.