Re: Automatic language selection

From: Reshat Sabiq <sabiq(at)purdue(dot)edu>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>,pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Automatic language selection
Date: 2004-03-27 18:31:44
Lists: pgadmin-hackerspgadmin-support
Although you have a point, i still think asking for a locale provides
advantages:
1. Some system locales might not be supported.
2. Multilingual people might want to choose a locale other than their
system locale.
3. Some users don't have admin privileges to change their system locale
(schools).
with only a tiny disadvantage:
1. Users need to click the Enter key to choose the default locale once
when they launch it the first time (the message there could make it a
little clearer where default is coming from). I think clicking Enter
once is not a big deal.

My 2 cents.

--
Sincerely,