Postgres issues "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation" exception

From: "Maria Cianci" <Maria(dot)Cianci(at)cae(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres issues "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation" exception
Date: 2009-11-16 16:26:10
Lists: pgsql-odbc

All,

I am running on a Windows XP machine, 4GB of RAM and over 26GB of
free hard-disk an application that all it does is insert records into
the Postgres 8.3 database. When the database is approx 17GB Postgres
issues the "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation"
and refuses to insert records. I normally shut down and restart the
application and data collection continues normally until it reaches the
26GB and issues the same error: "Not enough storage is available to
complete this operation." I'm very puzzled to say the least. The
Postgres configuration is attached. For some reason Postgres would no
load if shared_buffers > 900MB.

I should say that my Windows is running with the /3GB flag.

Maria Cianci

Software Engineer

CAE USA Professional Services

CONSIM Group

3501 Quadrangle Blvd., Suite 271

Orlando, FL 32817

maria(dot)cianci(at)cae(dot)com

CAE: (407)745-2609

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person) you may not use, copy, disclose or deliver this message to anyone. If you have received this message in error, kindly notify the sender by reply email or at the phone number listed above, and then delete this message.

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresql.conf.8.3 application/octet-stream 16.7 KB