Re: Postmaster not dropping connections on tomcat restart.

From: Barry Lind <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: dinakar <din_akar(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-jdbc (at) postgresql (dot) org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postmaster not dropping connections on tomcat restart.
Date: 2004-03-24 16:06:07
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
More specifically this error is generated when a client doesn't properly
close the connection to the database.  In jdbc that means the close
method was never called on the connection object.  This most commonly
occurs when a client app simply exits (i.e. the jvm shuts down) without
any finalizers/etc running to properly shutdown.  Or this can be caused
by bad code that fails to close a connection in all cases.

--Barry