Re: [ADMIN] Benchmarking postgres on Solaris/Linux

From: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>
To: "Subbiah, Stalin" <SSubbiah(at)netopia(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Benchmarking postgres on Solaris/Linux
Date: 2004-03-23 22:10:19
Lists: pgsql-performance

Subbiah, Stalin wrote:
> As anyone done performance benchmark testing with solaris sparc/intel linux.
> I once read a post here, which had benchmarking test results for using
> different filesystem like xfs, ext3, ext2, ufs etc. i couldn't find that
> link anymore and google is failing on me, so anyone have the link handy.

If you're talking about the work I did, it's here:
http://www.potentialtech.com/wmoran/ (then follow the link)

Anyway, that should be easily portable to any platform that will run Postgres,
but I don't know how useful it is in comparing two different platforms. See
the information in the document. It was intended only to test disk access speed,
and attempts to flood the HDD system with database work to do.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies