Re: Compilation problems

From: "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
To: Diego <diegoman(at)usuarios(dot)retecal(dot)es>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compilation problems
Date: 2004-03-23 19:20:46
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Diego wrote:

>The main problem: with Postgresql 7.4 and wxWindows 2.5 (plus stc and xrc)
>correctly compiled and installed (the version available on the pgadmin
>mirrors, compiled following the web instructions), when I try to build
>pgadmin the configure script apparently runs fine but later on the build the
>wxWindows libraries aren't invoked, so the link fails, sending hundreds of
>"undefined reference" errors.
The wx libraries are added to the linker flags by using the output from
wx-config.  The configure script seems to have found your wx-config
binary, but for some reason the output isn't working.  What does
`wx-config --static --libs` produce on your system?  What about
`wx-config --libs`?  Try dropping the --enable-static flag to configure
and see what happens.

>Another problem: after using Raphaël's patch, I got an "undefined reference"
>to PQgetssl. I solved it recompiling Postgresql with SSL support, but
>according to Raphaël the configure script should have checked the presence
>of SSL inside libpq and should have not included SSL support in pgadmin.
Don't apply Raphael's patch.  Follow the directions on the
web site to checkout the sources and run the boostrap script to generate
the configure script.

>And there is one more issue: if you use --enable-static option, the
>resulting binary is still linked dynamically to libssl, libcrypt and
>libcrypto libraries. Maybe this is a bit confusing, because I expected a
>purely static binary.
For now, try not using --enable-static.