Re: Initial eventlog support on win32

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Initial eventlog support on win32
Date: 2004-03-23 14:48:30
Lists: pgsql-patches
Magnus Hagander wrote:

>Ok. I will updated this patch to include the replacing of the "syslog"
>variable with another one that is more flexible.
>
>Based on what Andrew wrote, configuration along the line of:
>log_destination		stdout
>(for default)
>
>log_destination		stdout,syslog
>(for syslog=2)
>
>log_destination		eventlog
>(for win32 eventlog only)
>
>etc etc.
>
>Is that what you were thinking of?

Something like that is what I was thinking of. It would have to be a
string variable (so surrounding quotes would be needed), and you would
need a little routine to parse it, ignoring whitespace etc., and also
make appropriate doc changes. I guess eventlog would be an error on
anything but Windows, and (at least for now) syslog would be an error on
Windows.

Are there any special eventlog settings needed?

cheers

andrew