selecting cursor based fetch

From: Indra Heckenbach <indra(at)macnica(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: selecting cursor based fetch
Date: 2004-03-22 02:51:41
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
I started working with the jdbc driver on the CVS head, and found a
difference with earlier release version (driver packages with 7.4.1 I
believe).  I am creating a prepared statement with
TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE and setFetchSize(20).  In older version, the
JDBC driver correctly does "DECLARE CURSOR ...".  On the head this is
not done.  I noticed the method getQueryFragments():String[] will
transformToCursorFetch() if the statement !wantsScrollableResultSet().
Shouldn't this condition be reversed?  This implementation will force
scrollable queries to be fully cached in memory.  I realize this makes
methods like absolute() work properly, but these techniques prevent
cursor based positioning.

thanks,
Indra

pgsql-jdbc by date