absolute positioning

From: Indra Heckenbach <indra(at)macnica(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: absolute positioning
Date: 2004-03-22 02:33:25
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

After reviewing the JDBC API, I thought absolute() was intended to
reposition the cursor across the entire result set. Looking at the
pgjdbc implementation though, it appears to be positioning the cursor in
the cached results, which may be a subset of all results if
setFetchSize() != 0. I assume the implementation should be doing
"FETCH ABSOLUTE pos". If this is true, comparable methods are also not
correctly implemented for this case. Is this an issue, or am I
misinterpreting the API?

thanks,
Indra