Re: Another MacOS install attempt

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: David Hustace <david(at)opennms(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Another MacOS install attempt
Date: 2004-03-18 13:08:05
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
David Hustace wrote:

> I appreciate the reply... I should have detailed that I had tried that
> and every other combination that seemed to make sense to me.  Can you
> tell me what the configure script is looking for when this error is
> thrown?  I can't really see anything in the config.log file other than
> an "exit 1" that shows it had a problem.

David,
please do not email privately use the list. I'm not too familiar with
configure internals either.
Maybe some other lib is missing. configure creates a small source, and
tries to compile/link it. If that fails, the pgsql path is considered
wrong. Sometimes, other reasons are causing this problem.

Regards,
Andreas