PostgreSQL Storage Architecture

From: Mohan <mohanyes(at)shafika(dot)vetri(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL Storage Architecture
Date: 2004-03-17 12:41:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Hi,
I am rewriting an application for my company, which uses the volume of
1 million to 2 million records per day.  Currently the application is
existing in ctrack and partially in Visual Fox pro.
I suggested my company about using PostgreSQL and went to a win to win
situation.  After research with Postgresql 7.2.1 on windows with ultra,
(i suffered a lot to compile 7.4.1 for windows)  i switched to Linux 8.2

with Postgresql 7.4.1.  The performance is comparable with MySql and
MsAccess when i run Postgresql on Linux.  Its lagging only in the select

query.
Well anyways, my problems is to get to know about the storage
architecture of the database for where he is pinching on me.  It will be
nice, if anyone could suggest me a book for reading.
Regards,
Mohan

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date