Website Roundup

From: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Website Roundup
Date: 2004-03-16 20:08:31
Lists: pgsql-www

I've been fairly quietly watching the events of the pgsql-www list,
those in the "website team" and those outside of the "team". There are
many opinions, many cooks in the kitchen, and little overall progress.
As peoples time commitments and abilities vary, what I believe needs to
happen, as I've heard others state as well, is we need to have someone
step-up and manage the process of getting the series of sites to
completion. I'd be happy to take up that role if you all agree to it,
or we need to find someone with the time and dedication to make it
happen. Alexey and others have come very far, but not far enough, and
from my perspective there is no end in site, as there appears to not be
any focused group or manager holding the reigns and coordinating
development, testing, and implementation.

My intention is not to step on any toes here, just to offer my opinion
about where the www effort is, and where it's going (or more
appropriately not). If everyone's moving in the same direction, we'll
no longer be in limbo but working together towards a common goal. If
I'm wrong about all this, please let me know.

Please let me know what you think, and what we can do as a group and
individually to get this done.

Gavin