Re: wxWindows2.5 and pgadmin

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Ron <ron(at)debian(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: wxWindows2.5 and pgadmin
Date: 2004-03-16 12:42:46
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Ron wrote:

>Howdy,
>
>A little later tonight I should be uploading wx2.5.1.1 packages
>to experimental.  Andreas, what is the current state of pgadmin
>regarding wx..  do you guys still need extra patches, if so what
>do we need to do to get them merged (to the satisfaction of
>everyone :) with mainstream wx -- and hence finally get pgadmin
>off the Debian wnpp list and into the archive proper.
>
>  Ron

Hi Ron,

we still need patches. There are 3 patches pending, as old as July :-(
There was quite some work done in wx, so I believe there might be some
more patches necessary, or workarounds/modifications in the pgadmin3
code. Unfortunately, those 3 patches are not circumventable unless a
vast amount of code (e.g. all controls) is duplicated in pgadmin3 code.

Now that 2.5.1 has settled, I'll be upgrading our snapshot to that
version in the next few weeks, and make pgadmin3 working with that (I
promised that multiple times earlier, I know...). I'm still completely
unfamiliar with the new wx' bakefile stuff, hopefully we can integrate
it smoothly into pgadmin3 as an embedded package.

As a vision (and to put some pressure on me), I'd like to have pgadmin3
Debian-ready and showing on Linuxtag.

Regards,
Andreas

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: RonDate: 2004-03-16 14:01:51
Previous:From: blacknozDate: 2004-03-15 16:32:31
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] XWindows crashes