Re: The big MySQL spin

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The big MySQL spin
Date: 2004-03-14 14:38:47
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Christopher Browne wrote:
>>> - MySQL gets compared to "representative democracy," the wondrous way
>>>   of the US.
>> The US ... oh ya, that's the country south of me that comes up with shady
>> intelligence as a means to justify blowing apart a country and hoping to
>> put it back together in some sort of reasonable time frame, right? :)
> Easy... Some people one this list may take offense to a comment such as
> that.

That's only the people who try to cover up their shame and awkwardness
by "getting offended". They should be offended by things like this

which is an important part of what Marc was talking about because that
was the reason why said shady intelligence was necessary in the first
place. I think that is more broken pride than offense.