Re: BUG #1096: pg_restore cannot restore large objects with

From: Janko Richter <jankorichter(at)yahoo(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Bugs List <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #1096: pg_restore cannot restore large objects with
Date: 2004-03-11 22:14:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I have found the bug.

Unfortunately, I have a table called public.pg_proc within my database
with the same structure of pg_catalog.pg_proc. I did a test with it and
forgot to drop it.

Within postgresql-7.4.1/src/interfaces/libpq/fe-lobj.c near line 555 is
a query call as

res = PQexec(conn, "select proname, oid from pg_proc \
where proname = 'lo_open' \
or proname = 'lo_close' \
or proname = 'lo_creat' \
or proname = 'lo_unlink' \
or proname = 'lo_lseek' \
or proname = 'lo_tell' \
or proname = 'loread' \
or proname = 'lowrite'");

without a given schema. In my opinion, it must be:

res = PQexec(conn, "select proname, oid from pg_catalog.pg_proc \

I have changed it in my fe-lobj.c . Now pg_restore works well.

BTW, I have droped the my test table public.pg_proc too ;-)

Regards, Janko

--
Janko Richter