Re: Please help: PHP4/postgres db woes

From: Robby Russell <rrussell(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please help: PHP4/postgres db woes
Date: 2004-03-09 18:18:04
Lists: pgsql-php

David Costa typed this on 03/09/2004 08:01 AM:
> Hello Danny,
> I can't go through your whole script but I recommend you use Pear::DB as
> an abstraction layer for the pgsql connection and interaction.
> This will give you more power with the debug and you can keep everything
> simple IMHO.
>
> More info at
> http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.database.php#package.database.db
>
> It is default on PHP, so you don't even need to install anything.

I'll second this. When he can get the SQL syntax down, then he should
play with PEAR. :-)

However, I think knowing the standard pg_connect(), pg_query() commands
would be useful..then when he goes to try PEAR, he'll see how much time
and more useful it can be.

my 34 cents,

-Robby

--
Robby Russell, | Sr. Administrator / Lead Programmer
Command Prompt, Inc. | http://www.commandprompt.com