Re: dowloading source

From: Mohan <mohanyes(at)shafika(dot)vetri(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dowloading source
Date: 2004-03-09 05:56:21
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,
I have downloaded the source and compiled (win32.mak in the src directory) for
Windows with VC++ 6.0.  I got only psql.exe and libpq.dll.
I could not create other execuatables Viz.
createdb.exe
createlang.exe
dropdb.exe
droplang.exe
dropuser.exe
ecpg.exe
initdb.exe
pg_copy.exe
pg_ctl.exe
pg_dump.exe
pg_dumpall.exe
pg_id.exe
pg_passwd.exe
pg_restore.exe
pgbench.exe
post_svc.exe
postgres.exe
postmaster.exe
vacuumdb.exe
and the dlls
backend.dll
libecpg.dll
libpgtcl.dll

I got an installation kit 7.2.1 by ultra (postgres_beta4.zip).  That contains
the above executables and dlls.  which is working fine.
I changed this psql.exe and libpq.dll with the new one which got out of the
7.4.1, which gave me a warning like this.
Warning: Console codepage (437) differs from windows codepage (1252)
         8-bit characters will not work correctly. See PostgreSQL
         documentation "Installation on Windows" for details.
As lot of sayings is on like new version comes with huge performance
improvements
How can i get those exectuables for 7.4.1???
How can i complie the 7.4.1 to get all the executables and dlls?
Can you anyone help me out
Regards,
mohan.