Using DataSource and Connection Pooling in Sun's App Server Platform Edition

From: Petra Systems <petrasys(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Using DataSource and Connection Pooling in Sun's App Server Platform Edition
Date: 2004-03-02 00:56:58
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
I am having a problem here.  I have checked the installation using the
PointBase database and the ping works.  My configuration for the
postgres driver is
            DataSource classname =
org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3PoolingDataSource
            Resource Type = javax.sql.DataSource
            PortNumber = 5432
            ServerName  = localhost
            DatabaseName = customer

The database is running and I have implemented DataSource and Connection
Pooling in the application and it all works.  I am trying to get over to
an Applicatiion Server and EJB's.

I have also given it the userid and password.  It throws the error
message

  	An error has occurred.
Operation 'pingConnectionPool' failed in 'resources' Config Mbean.
Target exception message: Error getting connection from the EIS

Anyone have experience with Sun's App Server?

Rich Rutkowski

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Bhushan BhangaleDate: 2004-03-02 12:01:15