Running Multiple Postmasters

From: John Allgood <john(at)turbocorp(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Running Multiple Postmasters
Date: 2004-02-27 03:20:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello

I am building a server to run 9 databases. Can I run a seperate
postmaster for each of the 9 databases. I would be setting the port
number to a different value for each db of course. The reason I wish to
do this is so that I can install about three databases on a seperate
disk and put the other on seperate disk as well. I want to be able to
build scripts to shutdown and start each database individually. Example
below. I would also put the WAL on seperate disk as well which I will do
with links. I this something I can do.

Disk 1

DB1 postmaster 5432
DB2 * 5433