Re: Upgraded Site..any news ?

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgraded Site..any news ?
Date: 2004-02-26 21:28:53
Lists: pgsql-www
Hi!

David Costa wrote:
>>> Just curious, is there any progress with the upgraded site proposed
>>> by Alexey with the correct mirror redirection et all ?
>>

>> Er, the site was kinda uploaded to
>> http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/ but Marc had some problems
>> setting up mod_rewrite for this and thus it does not quite work unless
>> you call system/handler.php directly:
>> http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/system/handler.php
>
> I see, I was interested in the downloads redirection but doesn't work
> yet.

You mean the "closest mirrors" thing? It kinda works:
http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/system/handler.php?page=download

> I guess the other main change on that page is localization right ?

Yes. Index page in Russian:
http://www.alexey.beta.postgresql.org/system/handler.php?page=index&lang=ru

>> Meanwhile I was going to borrow some code from Horde for cleaner
>> gettext() management and produce a clean patch for the current CVS
>> version of 'portal'. There are some problems now, like me being
>> employed in a project and a harddrive crash, but I hope to continue
>> work this weekend/next week.
>
> No problem, let me know if you need some help.

I'll probably need some help after the cleaner patch will be in CVS. I'll post
the info in the maillist.

> BTW you worked on HTTP_Quickform right ? It rocks big time.

It is HTML_QuickForm, not HTTP. ;

I was going to use it for form handling on the site, that's good that you know it.

>> Hopefully Marc will be able to fix mod_rewrite, too.
>
> Not sure why you need that but I am sure there is a good reason :D

The whole (dynamic) site is dispatched through system/handler.php script,
mod_rewrite is used to redirect "virtual" pages to it.