doc directories location and usage ?

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: doc directories location and usage ?
Date: 2004-02-25 21:32:24
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dear friends,

Andreas Tille and I are working on the official debian package and
something is coming up.
I've submitted a first version of the package to him and he made some
comments/correstions on it.
Debian policy implies that documentation is placed in
/usr/share/doc/package_name/ and it's considered a good practice to
split documentation in a separate package.

So here is the question:
is the /usr/share/pgadmin3/docs directory used while pgadmin3 runs ?
To me it is part of the help system and also responsible of the tip of
the day.
If it's not mandatory to get this directory while running pgAdmin3,
pgadmin3 package will just suggest pgadmin3-doc package. If it's
mandatory, pgadmin3 package will depend on pgadmin3-doc package.

Regards,
Raphaël

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2004-02-26 10:22:37