Creating constraint sometime fail in a transaction

From: Olivier Hubaut <olivier(at)scmbb(dot)ulb(dot)ac(dot)be>
To: PgSQL SQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Creating constraint sometime fail in a transaction
Date: 2004-02-20 15:49:57
Lists: pgsql-sql

I've a strange bug on PgSQL 7.3.3 with function, constraints and

As the foreign key are too heavy for a massive insert, even set defered,
we've decided to put them in a function in order to enable/disable them.

So, in such a transaction, first we disable the constraints, using a
function, then inserting all the data, and afterall put the constraints
back with another function.

This work fine and quickly... if we do it once. But, when we tried to
make a big batch with a lot of such transaction, sometime, some
constraint aren't put back or drop, and the rest of the transactions falls.

So, we're wondering if the action for putting/removing constraint could
be executed out of the transaction, so that it may overlaps and crash in
such case.

Does anyone notice the same problem?

Signature en cours de maintenance,
Veuillez patienter...