date format in 7.4

From: Silke Trissl <trissl(at)informatik(dot)hu-berlin(dot)de>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: date format in 7.4
Date: 2004-02-20 14:58:10
Lists: pgsql-sql
Hi,

I have an application where users can enter the date via a web interface.

Recently I upgrated my PostgreSQL version from 7.3 to 7.4.1.

On 7.3 I run several tests about the format of the date and found,
that Postgres accepts almost everything. Today I found out, that 7.4.1
only accepts dates in the format mm-dd-yy, although the documentation
still states the following
#

    5.

       Otherwise the date field ordering is assumed to follow the
DateStyle setting: mm-dd-yy, dd-mm-yy, or yy-mm-dd. Throw an error if a
month or day field is found to be out of range.

#
ref: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/datetime-appendix.html

Does anyone know, if it is intentional to restrict it to mm-dd-yy format
or is is just a bug of 7.4.1?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Silke

pgsql-sql by date

Next:From: beyaNet ConsultancyDate: 2004-02-20 15:22:50