PL/pgSQL instalLation problem ??

From: GP <pagomen(at)csd(dot)uoc(dot)gr>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: GP <pagomen(at)csd(dot)uoc(dot)gr>
Subject: PL/pgSQL instalLation problem ??
Date: 2004-02-18 15:21:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,

I am trying to run the tutorial examples concerning the "Implementation
of views in PostgreSQL" but I have some problems with the
PL/pgSQL language installation..

The corresponding library is located in /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so
and I set the PGLIB enviroment variable to /usr/local/pgsql/lib.

But when I issue the command for installing the plpsql I get an error:

template1=# createlang plpsql template1;
ERROR: syntax error at or near "createlang" at character 1

Did I miss something ?

Thanks in advance
George