Host variables (from C) in EmbeddedSQL

From: Andy Collins <andy(dot)collins(at)belgravium(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Host variables (from C) in EmbeddedSQL
Date: 2004-02-18 11:08:37
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi Folks,

I'm cutting my first app with ESQL (postgresql) within C and have a
remedial question.

When I pass a fixed length string to SQL to add to a table (or anything
really) must it be NULL terminated even though I've told SQL it's a
fixed length char(n) and C knows it as the same?

My experiments suggest this is the case. Can anyone confirm this and
suggest a way around it as I'm grafting ESQL onto an existing application.

Thanks

Andy.

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Luc ROLLANDDate: 2004-02-18 13:23:36