Re: PHP/Postgresql Advocacy

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PHP/Postgresql Advocacy
Date: 2004-02-15 07:28:39
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Hi!

David Costa wrote:
> Oh no, now we are "show me where..." stage...
>
> Ehi look how much time is going wasted in this discussion.
>
> Marc summarized your previous posts on the www list where the tone was
> all but cordial.
>
> For one, saying that the current website is an "abomination" was
> offensive to the volunteers who did
> this in their own available spare time. You know that. But let's move
> on, we are all wasting time with arguments.

Of course you and Joshua are right, and I won't pursue this discussion.

I only want to point out some fairly obvious things:
1) There is a subtle difference between critisizing someone's work and atacking
someone personally.
2) Lots of people, including myself, do Open Source work in their spare time and
as volunteers. This is not an excuse for doing this work badly and for inability
to listen to the critique.